Washington State’s Top 5 Vanity License Plate Rejections
How Do I Get A Personalized License Plate In Washington State?
In Washington State, drivers have the option to personalize their license plates with up to seven characters.
What Can I Put On My Vanity Plate In Washington State?
The Washington State Department of Licensing has a pretty extensive list of what you can't put on your plate, but there are some that are just too good (or bad) to be true.
Here are some of the favorites we tried to request/input and got rejected:
Washington State's Top 5 Vanity License Plate Rejections
If you're thinking about getting a personalized license plate in Washington, make sure to avoid anything that could be remotely interpreted as sexually explicit, violent, or promoting alcohol.
Here are 10 examples of plates that definitely won't make the cut.
1. swear words or profanity
2. sexual connotations or innuendos
3. drug references
4. violence or hateful speech
5. derogatory terms for any race, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation
6. support for any political party or candidate
7. religious references
8. plate numbers that are too similar to existing plate numbers
9. anything that could be interpreted as an official state endorsement of a product or service
10. anything that is considered offensive to good taste and decency
Otherwise, have fun and be creative. You can check out more details on personalized license plates here.